"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, February 1

Simple pleasures

A little tennis, a little football, a little snack food, and a chubby purring lap kitty on a lazy, chilly Sunday. It doesn't get much better than that.

Since today's ESPN showing of the men's final of the Australian Open had the potential to conflict with the Super Bowl this evening, I recorded the 3:30 am tennis showing before I went to bed last night so I could watch it before the foootball game tonight. Have to get my weekend sports fix, ya know.

Then, I got all efficient and did some pre-preparations for
tonight's snacking menu which included spinach dip, pigs in a blanket w/honey mustard dipping sauce, and a carmelized onion and roasted red pepper cheese puff recipe I created.

All that was left to do was curl up in my comfy chair, snuggle under my flannel throw, and entice my beastie boy Buster to come up and get cozy on my lap. We then watched the tennis match together. Well, I watched -- he purred, slept and kept me warm.

When football time came, Lew joined me and we settled in for more TV. We've munched heartily, enjoyed Bruce rocking on
at halftime, and the Steelers are winning as I type. All in all, a good day of simple pleasures.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2/02/2009 11:25 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I was pulling for the Cardinals so I feel bad for Warner (not the rest of them though with the butter fingers and the inexcusable penalties though!) but it was definitely an exciting game, especially that last quarter!

 
At 2/02/2009 12:08 PM, Blogger marianne said...

I know! I thought I was going to have to edit my post! What a great ending!

I only rooted for the Steelers cuz their my dil's favorites. It was an exciting game!

 
At 2/03/2009 12:50 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

It sounds almost like my day. We watched tennis and football, too, but our snacks weren't as nice as yours. Just chips and guacamole, cheese and crackers and wine. The cats didn't want to sit on my lap. I didn't really have a favorite team, but did enjoy the game a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home