"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 15

Getting squirrely...

Well, it seems to happen every year now. The cooler weather hits, my hoarding gene kicks in, and I get an overwhelming need to refill my cupboards and freezer with vittles to hold us through the winter months. I swear, I must be part squirrel or something!

You might remember my po'd post several months back about our nasty ground beef woes; well, a friend introduced us to an Amish meat store and we've been having pretty good luck with their ground beef. It's a bit inconvenient - up the road apiece, just over the PA line - but their prices are reasonable, the meat tastes good, and it's a pretty drive. All in all, a better deal than our local grocers.


So, having a fresh supply of beef, I've spent the past few days doing kitchen duty. Made and froze a couple of favorites...
taco soup and bbq meatballs... along with chicken spaghetti and lima bean casserole. I like experimenting every once and awhile, so I've also made up some homemade seasoning mixes for future use.

Now I really need to get my pantry organized... I'm running out of shelf space!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/15/2010 8:27 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Ok Marianne, you have me curious! Taco soup, lima bean casserole and chicken spaghetti. Would love to know how you make them!

 
At 9/16/2010 2:00 AM, Blogger marianne said...

I sent you an email, Laurie! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home