"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, October 9

Some days are better than others...


getting shot...

*sigh* So Wednesday didn't turn out so perfect after all. When we got to the doctor's office, we learned that they'd "run out" of flu shots! Nice. Nice that they over-booked patients and even called to confirm our appointment. Nice that no one bothered to call and let us know that they'd run out before we drove all the way over there. Nice that had we missed the appointment, they would have the temerity to charge us $40 for not giving 24 hrs notice. Nice that I don't have the option of charging them for my inconvenience. Nice. I love my doctor, but... Ergggg!

Anyway, they were "supposed" to be getting more in on Thursday or Friday and I'm like, yeah, sure - I heard this story last year. (We ultimately ended up getting them last year after waiting in line at one of our local grocery stores(!!) for four some-odd hours.) I get anal about the whole thing every year 'cause we're both compromised in the respiratory department and every little bit of protection helps.

After calling both days to check, they did indeed get more in on Friday and we rushed over and got the stupid shots. So, another thing is out of the way as we go about the business of winterizing everything... ourselves, the car, the house. I really don't like winter...

construction news...

I knew things were going too smoothly in this area. In this half-bath that's being built, we can't put a light fixture over the vanity mirror because the water pipes and heating duct are on the same wall and in the way. Instead, we're going to have overhead recessed lighting, along with an exhaust fan/light combo fixture. Because it's going to be a windowless room, I don't want it to be like walking into a cave - I don't do dark rooms. So while we're out looking for all the "stuff" we need for this room, I saw a cute little sconce light that would be just perfect on either side of the room. Add a little more light and a little more decorative flair. So we buy them, bring them home, open the package and things start going downhill.

The shades on both lights were bent... on both sides so you couldn't even hide a side if you were so inclined, which I wasn't. I pay good money and I expect things to be perfect, especially right out of the box. So, I spent a good bit of time that night on the Internet checking out bathroom lighting and not coming up with anything I liked as much as the bent ones we had. So back they go the next day and of course, the store doesn't have any left without bent shades! Why am I not surprised? Arggghhhh!

After checking other Lowes in the area, we came across one about 45 minutes away that said they had them in stock and would hold two for us. So Lew drives up, has them open two boxes, and wonder of all wonder, they're fine! Ta da! Let there be light!

Let's see... we now have the vanity, lighting, towel bar, ring, and tissue holder. We need the mirror, flooring, paint and the exhaust fan. I'm exhausted... and we haven't even started on the other room!

a little rain must fall...

Did I say a little?? Well shut my mouth and call me a duck! It rained all day Friday, and all day Saturday. Lord knows we needed it... we haven't had any rain for over two months... but 7-some inches in two days is one boatload of water! And the green grass grew all around, all around, the green grass grew all around...

feetsball...

Now I'm going to check out the Ravens while I wait on the 'Skins game...

Later... maybe.

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

*shudder* no like needles. i only get the ones i HAVE to lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home