"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 28

Scrub-a-dub-dub...

I want to meet the guy/gal who invented the self-cleaning oven. In my humble opinion, it is, by far, up there on the Top 10 Best Inventions of the Century list. Along with good ol' Ben and Tom's development of electricity, of course.

Cleaning an oven, BSC,* is one of the nastiest jobs in the home. A well-cooked in oven gets soooo groddy, First you gotta spread/spray on that questionable chemical stuff that theoretically eats away at the burned on gunk. And if it does all that to the gunk, you know what it does to your skin should you be so careless as to get it on said delicate derma.

Then you have to wait for it to do its thing as the globby crud drips all over the place. And then comes the best part of all... wiping up all that crud. And wiping, and wiping, and wiping. Going through umpteen rags and paper towels and nearly passing out from the acrid fumes.

Nope, not me. I'd rather clean ten toilets than one oven. At least I can keep flushing the nasty away. Besides, my toilet has never looked like my oven.

A big ol' hug to the inventor... don't ever wanna live without one.

*BSC = before self-cleaning

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 9:10 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Marianne: a toilet that looks like the inside of an un-cleaned oven is just too disgusting for words. *shudder* thank you for THAT mental image! LOL

 
At 9/28/2005 10:12 PM, Blogger marianne said...

No, no - I said my toilet NEVER looked like an oven! Oh God, that would be tres gross! Bleccch! LOL!

 
At 9/29/2005 10:07 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL!! it was just the insinuation that a toilet COULD look like that that sent me over the edge! i agree: BLECCCH!

 
At 9/29/2005 12:59 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Ah, okay -- I've seen a few that would qualify. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home