"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, October 1

At the movies...

Sidney Poitier -- my favoritest actor of all time. I just love the man. I love his talent, I love his dignity, I love his hands! lol He's got the most beautiful hands... long slender fingers but strong, masculine hands. The epitome of class and a beautiful speciman of a man.

I don't quite remember the first film I ever saw him in, probably Blackboard Jungle in the 50's, but I know that after I saw him the first time, I haven't missed too many since. He hasn't done too much in front of the camera in recent years. A few TV movies and appearances. Too bad, I miss him.


And so I content myself with watching his films, over and over again, whenever they crop up on the tube. Some of my favorites are his earlier works. Films shown In order of year made: 1961, 1963, 1965, 1965, 1967, 1967, 1967.












2 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 11:10 PM, Blogger Janelle said...

I LOVE A Patch of Blue. I watch it through to the end every time I catch it on TV!

 
At 10/04/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger Owl at Home said...

I love him too! I think my favorite of his films was In the Heat of the Night, but I love Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and all the others too. He's such a powerful presence on the screen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home