"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, May 13

Happy Mommy's Day!!...

Well, who's better than me? I've been thoroughly enjoying a glorious bouquet of pink, yellow, and orange lilies and yummy chocolates from Susan and Lawrence and a fantastic gift tray full of breakfast/tea goodies... pancake mix, gourmet coffee, hot chocolate, limonelli (lemon) cookies, apricot and strawberry preserves, placemats... all kinds of things, a wonderful collection, from Jim and Tammy.

I don't know how he does it, but every year my kid manages to grab my heart with the cards he sends... each one better than the last... and predictably I dissolve into a puddle of good mommy tears. Ginny's cards always brighten my day with a giggle and Beth also manages to find cards that touch my very soul. How very special they've all made my day!

Now tomorrow, if Mother Nature cooperates, I'll top it all off by digging in the dirt and getting my annuals planted... my idea of the perfect way to spend Mother's Day (when I can't spend it with the kids, of course!) ;)


3 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like you have wonderful kiddos. I'm glad to hear that, because you surely deserve them! Those liles are GORGEOUS. Hope you have a truly wonderful Mother's Day!

 
At 5/13/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, it sounds like you have wonderfully thoughtful children! I love a card that makes me cry LOL!

Your lilies are quite beautiful! I hope you get into the garden tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 5/13/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

happy mother's day!

my day will consist of a pilates class and laundry. why oh why can't i teach the cat to bring me breakfast in bed?? teehee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home