"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, May 2

I did it my way...

I had my own peaceful protest and demonstrated my own "potent role" in the economy yesterday. I shopped... and shopped... and shopped. And when I finished that, I came home and shopped some more. Yes indeed, I spent a loooot of money yesterday and wielded my own economic clout.

A refrigerator - a freezer - a dishwasher - all needed replacing... all happened yesterday. Our local nursery came in for their fair share as we replaced four azaleas - one huge and three good-sized ones... and picked up eight gerber daisies too. Sent a package off to my grandson at the Post Office. Had two steak dinners from Lone Star restaurant. Then, came home, got online and ordered kitty things from PetSmart. Covered a lot of territory.

Yep, a lot of money... I flexed my economic muscle... hear me roar!

3 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger debi said...

You go, girl!!!

 
At 5/02/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That had to feel good :) I love a good shopping spree :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 5/13/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger kajira said...

OOOoooOOOooo!!!

I LOVES ME SOME SHOPPING!

I actually took a walk yesterday and knew not to where I was going. I ended up going to Nordstrom Rack and Ross -- two stores to which I've not been since they've been open. Now, I couldn't BUY anything. But I'm usually a QVC or online only clothing/accessories type person. To actually be in a store and touching the hand bags and shoes (OW! Shoes these days! How do people walk on those things?) was a real treat. The picked over clothing left a lot to be desired, however.

LOVE that you got so much done!! I remember buying the washer, dryer and dishwasher for my new house in Reno. Too bad the jerk had to ruin the marriage so soon afterward....

YOU GO with your economic self, girlfriend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home