"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, April 28

Friday Odds and Ends...

Okay, a little bit o' meme-ing, a little bit o' humor, a little bit o' this, and a little bit o' that...

First of all, a sneak peek of some new blooms in my yard...


Stay tuned for more later. I've also made some Spring pages on
My Corner , if you'd like to take a look-see.

from

This Week... April 28, 2006
What are your Top 5, all-time favorite movies from the 80's?

1. An Officer and A Gentleman - 1982
2. Dirty Dancing - 1987
3. Driving Miss Daisy - 1989
4. Rain Man - 1988
5. Terms of Endearment - 1983

from

28 Apr 2006
Is it me or you that I'm afraid of?

1. What's missing from your life?
physical activity - I'm a little limited nowadays

2. Do you like to get drunk?
nah, it's a lousy feeling, not fun at all.

3. Have you ever kissed a stranger?
well, depends on what you mean by "stranger" - as in someone just met? Ya.

4. Do you smoke?
not anymore - going on 11 years

5. What makes you happy?
my grandkids, cats, sunshiny days, laying on a beach, good books - lotsa stuff

from

Apr 27, 2006
Top 5 On Friday - Week 69
Top 5 songs that "answer" the musical question: Where do we go from here?
(I don't know if I interpreted this right, but here's my contribution...)

1. Sharing the Night Together - Dr. Hook
2. There Goes My Baby - The Drifters
3. Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino
4. Wedding Bell Blues - Fifth Dimension
5. You Don't Have to Be a Star - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr
6. Leaving on a Jet Plane - Peter, Paul & Mary

from

9AM Back to Work

Engineer: I have this weird beeping signal on my phone. Do I need to dial a 1 when calling this number?
Tech support guy takes the phone and hits redial.
Tech support guy: No. That is a busy signal.

5032 South Ash Avenue
Tempe, Arizona

----------
10AM Coffee Break
The day after the company picnic. . .

Female clerk #1: Was that the new guy playing volleyball? You know the one that keeps trying to adjust his hours.
Manager: Maybe he just needs to wear a jock strap all the time.
Female clerk #2: Adjust his hours! His schedule! Everything is code for crotch to you!

5760 Highway 80 East
Pearl, Mississippi

----------

10AM Project Meeting

Worker #1: Boy, you look tired...
Project Manager: Yeah, it's been hectic. I need some of that geico balboa stuff.
Worker #1: Uh, ginko bilboa?
Project Manager: That's what I said.
Worker #1: No, you said "geico balboa".
Project Manager: What's the difference?
Worker #1: Well, Geico is an insurance company, and Balboa is Rocky the boxer's--as in the movie--last name.
Project Manager: Ha! I wonder if he gets a hard time for that.
Worker #1: He's not a real person. Besides, I think what you meant was you needed some ginseng. Do you know what ginko bilboa is for?
Worker #2: Okay, seriously, how long is this meeting going to be?

6700 Hollister Road
Houston, Texas



Cat Hair

Cat hair on the bedspread,
Cat hair on the chair.
Cat hair in the casserole,
Cat hair EVERYWHERE

Cat hair on my best coat,
Even on the mouse!
You live and eat and breathe cat hair,
When cats live in your house.

What?? Is this reeeally necessary?
I'm trying to sleep here!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Thanks for playing the Top 5 On Friday :) I heard Leaving On A Jet Plane this morning on the radio!

Andrea
(the meme mistress)

 
At 4/29/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh! Those "overheards" just kill me! And the cat hair poem...frustratingly accurate!

 
At 4/29/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love looking at your flower pictures. They are all so pretty. I just have to say I look forward to checking out your blog to see what you have posted. This is a fun place to be!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/29/2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Marianne, I told you this was a fun blog and that you always make me smile. Dawn thinks so, too.

Your yard and your flowers are glorious. I have never seen lilacs. They are my best friend's favorite. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 4/29/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

the fleurs are gorgeous! and your cat cracks me up!

 
At 4/30/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Awww, y'all are so sweet! Thanks for such nice comments! It's good to have such pleasant visitors! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home