"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, April 27

The cat's meow...

I've talked about my beastie babies before, but don't think I've posted pictures of them here. So, here they be, in all their regal indifference. The first two are my baby girl, Zoey. She's a mixed breed Siamese, known in the cat field as a Tortiepoint, and comes complete with cattitude. Bottom is my Bubba boy, Buster, feeling all better from his recent illness. Another mixed breed, he's predominantly a Sealpoint, and typical of the breed, intelligent and vocal. We adopted them from the Siamese Rescue Center about 5 years ago.

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are
subject to a good many ailments, but I never
heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Joseph Wood Krutch

The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.
Jules Renard

(sorry for the fuzzy pic - he wouldn't cooperate!)

Who can believe that there is no soul
behind those luminous eyes!
Theophile Gautier


Oh, and speaking of eyes, theirs aren't as blue as most Siamese due to the effects of illness and medications they were on earlier in their lives, after they were rescued.

4 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh Marianne, your babies are absolutely gorgeous!! I want to reach right through the screen and pick them up to cuddle! Of course, if they're anything like my little furballs, as likely as not, that would simply lead to me being scratched or bitten. But seriously, they are beautiful, beautiful kitties!

 
At 4/27/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

You've got yourself a nice looking family there :)

I haven't had a cat for many years. My favorite is a calico :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/28/2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...when I see kitties, I just have to comment! They look so sweet and loved and I bet they know it! Enjoy your blog...I'll be back around! :-)

 
At 4/30/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Thanks so much ladies - we're kind of hooked on them! ;)

We used to have a calico, Dawn - boy, have I got a story about her - one of these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home