"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, April 29

Pass the popcorn...

Saturday night has been movie night around here lately so we checked out another one this week.

"Detective Jerry Black has made a promise he can't break, to catch a killer he can't find." (tagline quoted directly from IMDb)

Hmmmmmm... Jack Nicholson - he's about the only redeeming feature of this one. He did his part, and then some, but even his talents couldn't overcome the disjointed, yet predictable storyline of this off-beat, somewhat weird flick. At times, you couldn't help wonder why some quirky things didn't end up on the cutting room floor.

It did have a cool twist of an ending though. It wasn't rotten, but it wasn't great either - kinda okay if you stumble across it on HBO.

3 Comments:

At 4/30/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Sometimes I think I must live in a hole or something. Another movie I've never even heard of. I'll have to get around to watching someday, even if it isn't all that great. Just love Jack Nicholson too much to pass it up.

By the way, I finally got around to trying your Italian Crock Pot Chicken last night. Died and gone to heaven...that about sums it up. Thanks for a truly wonderful supper!

 
At 4/30/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

This is one I haven't heard of. I am so far behind in "keeping up" with current movies! I can't remember how many years it's been since I rented a movie!!

So, what's the movie scheduled for next week?

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/30/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Not to feel bad ladies - I never heard of it either until Lew brought it in the door! It's not all that new - released in 2001.

Glad you liked the chicken, Debi. Makes for a nice, easy meal when you don't feel like messing.

Dawn, don't know yet - we're kind of hit and miss. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home