"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, May 10

They're everywhere, they're everywhere...

In addition to you all, my faithful family and friend readers, the world is full of the nicest people. I manage to run into them regularly, sometimes without even leaving the house.

Yesterday, I received an email from a sister scrapper at 2Peas. She's a fan of my work and because I haven't posted (or done!) any layouts for a very long time, she wrote the loveliest email, inquiring after me and letting me know she missed seeing my stuff. How sweet is that?

Today, at the doctor's office, we had a long wait, and it was frigid in the waiting room... absolutely icy. I, of course, went totally unprepared AND in a short-sleeved top! Erg! I was freezing my tush off and had to snuggle in real close to Lew to try to stay warm, at one point changing seats to get further from the AC vent blowing directly on me.

Also waiting (as it turned out, we have the same doctor!) was a pair of elderly... well, more elderly than I, anyway... women. One, seeing me struggle to stay warm, very graciously offered me her cover-up, which she wasn't using because she was wearing a sweater. Here I was, a complete stranger to her, and she generously reached out in kindness. How nice is that?

Life is good.

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Thanks for sharing...I just love hearing about the goodness that really does exist out there in so many people!!! Too often it's hard to remember that.
And I hope that lady from 2peas got you motivated to post some layouts...I check your gallery fairly often to see if you've added. But it's been a REALLY long time since you've shared...not so subtle hint here.

 
At 5/11/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Those are the kinds of stories that warm my heart! I really think there are more nice people than not! It is ashame that the focus is on the smaller majority!

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home