"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, May 10

They're stable!!...

Hot damn! Whew, what a relief! Doing a bit of happy dance here and feeling good!

What the hell is she talking about, you ask? Well, lemme tell ya. As some of you know, I have emphysema and so, see my lung doctor on a regular basis. Last year, after a routine cat scan, a "pulmonary nodule" was discovered on the left lung. He wasn't necessarily concerned, but wanted to stay on top of things and do a follow-up. I, on the other hand, was a little concerned. You just don't want to hear about anything else on your already-compromised lungs, you know?


So, 4 months later, we do the follow-up, and a week later I see the doctor for the results. The nodule is stable, meaning it hasn't grown or changed...cool beans! But, now two more nodules are discovered on the right lung! Aaarrgghh! He's still not overly concerned - could be scarring, could be a lot of things - but, let's do another follow-up. Sooooo, another 4 months later, we do yet another follow-up, and today I saw my doctor for the results.

Now, I gotta tell you, while I haven't dwelt on it, all this iffyness and interminable waiting has taken its toll on my last nerve, so going into his office today, I was filled with a good bit of trepidation. Ta da! The nodule on the left lung is "unidentifiable", meaning it's gone, and the two on the right lung are stable, i.e., no change!! Oooga chukka, oooga chukka, oooga, oooga, oooga chukka - I-I-I, I'm hooked on a feelin'!!

Still have to have another follow-up scan in 4 months, and then we'll back off on them, but whew! today was a great day and I feel terrific!

3 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so very happy to hear your good news. I will do the happy dance for you. And, I will keep you in my prayers. We want to be doing the happy dance full time.

 
At 5/11/2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Wow...I can't believe you've been going through this! Sooooo happy for your good news!!!! There will be lots of us out here doing that happy dance, too!!!!

 
At 5/11/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That is great news. That must have weighed very heavy on your mind. I wish you nothhing but the best on your follow up visit :)

You will be in my thoughts :)

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home