"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, February 28

Testing 1, 2, 3

After nearly three weeks of being in pain and getting jerked around by the insurance company, I finally had the MRI this afternoon.

All I can say is Oh.My.God!! I hope I never have to do that again! Invasive? Oh no. Painful? No, no, no. Inconvenient? Not even. Didn't have anything stuck inside any part of my body; didn't have anything cut or jabbed into any part of my body; didn't even have to get undressed at all. They gave me two pillows, made me all comfy cozy, and even offered me a blankie.

My first clue, however, should have been the ear plugs she handed me (which, by the way, were totally useless) along with the caveat, "it gets noisy." Oh, honey, "noisy" doesn't even BEGIN to describe the sound one has to endure for this 30-40 minute test!! The only thing I can compare it to is a fog horn... a very loud, insistent, constant, blaring, obnoxious, mind-numbing fog horn. It's been two hours and I can still hear it!

I repeat... Oh.My.God!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2/28/2008 7:41 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Geez, I had no idea MRIs were like that. Hope it will all be worth it in the end and they'll have a quick, easy, painless, quiet cure for your pain!

 
At 2/28/2008 10:34 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Wow. I didn't know either! I had heard that they could be a bit mentally uncomfortable, especially if you don't like enclosed spaces, and that they often keep the room *cold*. But I've never heard they were so noisy before! I hope they got some info to help you feel better at least.

 
At 3/01/2008 7:27 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I had an MRI in a open one and they offered to play music for me. Tim had one a few years back. He was knocked out but I sat in a rocking chair in the room with him and had ear plugs....you are right....it is LOUD!!!!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/02/2008 6:19 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh boy, well i would have gone completely over the edge.

you poor thing. hopefully you will be out of pain soon. hang in there!!

((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home