"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, February 20

Moronic mentality

Well, I've joined the rest of the country in the battle with insurance company morons who think they know more than doctors. Mine refused to cover the MRI my doctor ordered for my leg and insisted I get an ultrasound instead.

So, in addition to an X-ray, which apparently showed nothing serious, I got the ultrasound yesterday and, of course, guess what? Everything's hunky dory, no blood clots, and the blood flow is "beautiful," according to the tech. While that's all good news, and getting an ultrasound was a neat, new experience for me, it still doesn't address the issue of my mega-painful leg and the misery I'm in because we still don't know what's wrong or how to treat the damn thing! Plus, I'll still have to get an MRI at some point and now they'll be paying for two tests instead of the one my doctor ordered in the first place!

Aarrgh! Stupid should definitely hurt!!

In the meantime, the good doctor put me on a different painkiller, essentially Tylenol w/codeine,
which really isn't doing much, and I'm still one hurting puppy... about ready to rid my body of it's painful appendage or slit my throat, whichever comes first!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2/20/2008 4:12 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Too bad stupid is hurting *you*, huh? =P

 
At 2/25/2008 6:38 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh my goodness, Marianne...that is terrible! I sure hope by the time you read this, your leg is feeling better!

 
At 2/27/2008 12:47 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

Insurance companies are the biggest pains in the butt, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home