"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, February 16

Weekly doings...

Going to the doctor is not my most favorite thing to do, but I was actually looking forward to it earlier this week. Since I already had an appointment for my regular check-up, at least the timing was good for anything else going on. And, oh yeah, something else was definitely going on. Without benefit of a fall, banging into a hard surface, or getting pummeled with a hammer, I seem to have screwed up my leg somehow, and the damn thing's been giving me fits, swelling and painwise.

Naturally, my doctor gave me a "haven't seen anything like that before" (in the whole history of his bazillion years of practice, leave it to me to present him with something weird!) and sent me on my way with a 60-count prescription for Percoset (
I just wanted the pain to stop and the Ibuprofen I'd been taking wasn't doing the trick) and scheduling for an X-ray and MRI. And then it really got interesting!

Percoset has been my pain-killer of choice for years - I love the stuff. Well, not that way... I just love how it takes care of any pain I've had and I can usually go about
my business. Not this time. This time, it totally knocked me on my butt. Literally. About an hour after the first pill, I got reeeal dizzy and had to lie back and stay still for a couple of hours so I wouldn't fall over. Okay, that was weird, but I took another at bedtime anyway cuz I'd be sleeping and wouldn't know if I got dizzy, right? Besides, I desperately needed some uninterrupted sleep. So, that worked pretty good and I finally slept through the night.

But then, I made the mistake of taking another pill the next morning at about 11 am. By lunchtime, I was flat on my arse, not only dizzier than a three-day drunk, but nauseous too, and ultimately upchucking.
Rat pee! First time in my entire life I've ever had a reaction to any kind of medication.

Alrighty then - I got the message and no dummy me, have foregone the Percoset. I'm still hurting,
the Ibuprofen still isn't quite doing the job, I feel like crap, and I don't get X-rayed or MRI'd until next week. No wonder I'm cranky!

On a brighter note, though, we have running water again!! We were able to flush our house system last weekend, and for now, are on a temporary, above-ground water line from the county. Now, the town commissioners are discussing the possibility of a permanent water connection to the country water supply as a back-up system. No, really? You think? Duh huh!

One last bright spot in the week - we finally have a new rug in the family room!! Yea!!

We've been looking forever and finally found one that worked, color-wise, and was in our price range. We found it on sale for several hundred $$ less than what the designer quoted, plus free shipping! Wheee! Doesn't get any better than that! And, it looks good too.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2/16/2008 6:06 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Good grief, Marianne! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

 
At 2/19/2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Goodness, what an ordeal with the leg and the pain. Have you called the doctor and seen about getting something instead of the Percoset? Even a stronger ibuprofen or acetaminophen by prescription? No reason to suffer. I hope it gets a ton better soon, and you feel much better. Hang in there :)

 
At 2/19/2008 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I mean what can I say to that....yucky, crappy and my favorite...gucky situation...just a simple get well doesn't convey how much I really want you to feel better..I do pray that you are feeling 100% better and by the way....great looking rug...

 
At 2/27/2008 12:46 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

I'm late to the game here, but I hope you're doing better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home