"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, November 18

I been moo-ed!


So we're driving along a back road and came across this field of cows. "Aha," says I, "there's an animal that's not a squirrel or a bird -- let's get a picture."



So Lew pulls over and I proceed to focus on this haughty young lady. Well! You'd have thought I pulled the beast's tail or something! Apparently, she wasn't terribly enamored of having her photo taken and proceeded to loudly and beligerently MOO me!

Now, I'm not talking about that softly lowing moo that one normally expects from these gentle creatures. Oh no, this was an obnoxious, almost threatening moo, repeated several times! I mean, this chick was downright rude!

So, after I finished laughing, we pulled up a bit to get a shot of the little ones and the rest of the family. At first, they just kind of moved in closer for a curious look-see, like cows usually do. Until that dude on the left in back burst out with his own moooo. Well, at this point, I'm starting to get a complex, you know?? 'Cause somehow I've managed to piss off a couple of cows!

So turning back to see what the rude one was up to, I was met with this icy glare rather than those big liquid brown eyes I'm accustomed to. Clearly, my presence was not welcome and this bellicose bovine did not want me anywhere near her or hers.

Sheesh! I've never been dismissed by a cow before!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11/19/2008 11:32 PM, Blogger Ms. Fairway said...

It's obvious that you just happened upon a herd of camera-shy cows. Trust me...I "moo" too whenever someone points a camera my way. :~)

 
At 11/20/2008 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weehh..love the moos!

 
At 11/20/2008 12:29 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Haha, I love it! My favorite part - bellicose bovine, LOL! Maybe she was just saying she liked you, maybe it was a good moooooo and not a bad mooooo! Great pictures, though :)

 
At 12/02/2008 3:40 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Too funny Marianne! You have a way of telling a story!
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home