"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, February 14

A little of this, a little of that...

First of all...
Hope you're having a loving he♥rt day!


Okay, I did my part to stimulate the economy... I spent some money. Not quite $20, but hey, times are tight, ya know! LOL I finally broke down and bought a little something I've been wanting for years -- a cake stand with cover.

Isn't it silly how we deprive ourselves... well, deprive is pretty strong, but you know what I mean. It hasn't been any great sacrifice to go without a cake stand, but why do we wait so long to do such goofy little things? I could have parted with $20 a long time ago, but this was one of those "ah, one of these days" things. Anyhoo, I finally did it.


Today was another fixin's for the freezer day. We had crockpot sticky chicken Thursday and today I picked through what was left of it to use for casseroles. Ended up with 3 cups of chicken so went ahead and made up a Country Casserole that was enough to fill seven individual baking dishes. Wheee!

Had a couple of pounds of baby carrots that needed blanching, so got those done and ended up with 4 two-cup bags of those. Along with the crockpot full of ginger/cinnamon glazed carrots I made last week, we're set for carrots for awhile. (you may have guessed... carrots were on sale last week!)

Not much else going on, just the usual nuts and bolts of everyday life here in the cornfields of MD. I've walked on the treadmill every day so far this year (yay for me!) and in the past couple of weeks have added more and more time on the stationary bike. My goal is to do at least an hour and half between the two every day, plus whatever time I get in on my aerobic step and 2lb weights. I absolutely must lose some of this weight I'm collecting from inactivity!

And on a final note, I've recently added more fiber to my diet. In the form of ground flax seed. They say just sprinkle it on your oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc. Add some to your meatloaf or other dishes. It's supposed to be real good for you... Omega 3 oils and all that jazz... and you hardly notice it's there. True, you hardly do. However, I have made one very important discovery... crunchy yogurt is extremely unappetizing. Jes' saying'.


… if you love somebody, tell them.
Rod McKuen

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2/15/2009 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had I only known....I've had one of those cake stands in my basement collecting dust for years!!!

 
At 2/15/2009 5:21 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

My cake stand looks very similar. Mine's collecting dust, too; I don't bake that many cakes anymore like when the kids were little.

 
At 2/16/2009 6:24 PM, Blogger marianne said...

big "E" - well, dang, who knew!? uhmmm, got anything else I might want collecting dust down there?? ;)

DS - I don't bake a whole lot of cakes either, but when I do, I just want someplace to put it instead of plopping a pot over it, you know?

 
At 2/17/2009 2:46 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, you've been on your treadmill every day this year? That is incredible Marianne! Awesome, really. I do good to get on mine 2 or 3 times a week. And you're doing the bike and weights too, I'm so very impressed :)

I add ground flax on my oatmeal every morning. I never think to put it on other stuff though. Wonder how much you're supposed to have a day?

Have a wonderful day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home