"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, March 13

The pipes, the pipes are calling...




Maybe it's bred in the bone,
but the sound of pipes
is
a little bit of heaven to some of us.

Nancy O'Keeefe





I love bagpipe music. There's something about the haunting, melancholy sound that emanates from this strange-looking instrument that grabs my heart and won't let go. Where the emotion comes from or why it moves me so deeply, I don't know, but it does.

Maybe it's
just my Irish blood...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/13/2009 6:22 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

I'm not Irish, but I'm Celtic in my soul. Your post title reminds of the time I sang Danny Boy at a funeral - not a dry eye in the house.

 
At 6/28/2011 3:07 PM, Blogger bigjimmyd67 said...

Random question as I cannot find an answer anywhere...Who is Nancy O'Keeefe? I have tried to find out who she is everywhere with no luck at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home