"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, October 15

This, that, and the other

It being apple season and all, we've been peeling, coring, and slicing a bunch. We're eating and drinking (got some fresh pressed cider too) more than an apple a day and so far, have four bags of sliced apples and six pints of applesauce in the freezer. Since we have an abundance (like the song goes -- a bushel and a peck!) this weekend will find us fixing more of the same, along with several loaves of another favorite, pumpkin-apple bread.

Dogwood Update:

Our ailing tree has received its three treatments but being that it's losing leaves naturally because of the season, it not obvious to me that there's been any improvement. The tree doc seems to think it will recover, but it's pretty much a wait-and-see thing until it starts budding and leafing in the spring. That's also when the dead wood (hopefully not the whole tree!) will be removed. *sigh*

Baby B is 4 months old already! How can that be? I hate that I'm in MD and he's in SC and I'm missing soooo much of his growing. He's in good hands though - his SC grandparents dote on and spoil him rotten -- just as it should be! ;-)


sweet, sweet baby boy!

Got my mammogram done (it was normal,) had our six month check-ups, and got stuck for our flu shots. I have one more doctor's appointment next month and then we're good to go for another six months. Yay! Well, not counting one unpleasant appointment we haven't made yet... we're both due for colonoscopies this year. Ughh!!

Okay, I lied. I just remembered... I also have to make an appointment to get my eyes checked. I'm a bit overdue and my glasses are starting to deteriorate. ♫A chipped lens here, a scratched lens there, here a lens, there a lens, everywhere a lens, lens!♫ lol Anyway, that's another one I'm not looking forward too -- I hate picking out new frames.

Oh yum! Lew came home with a half dozen beets this afternoon, so I'll be roasting and freezing them this weekend too. Loooove roasted beets! We have a devil of a time finding them with any regularity at the grocer's around here, though and the orchards we frequent carry mostly fruits, not veggies. Definitely have to find a better source cuz I know we can't be the only beet-lovers in the area! We may just have to start growing our own (wink, wink, Claudia!)


So, that's what I've been up to. If I don't answer the phone, come looking for me under the apple/beet peels!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10/16/2010 9:22 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

You're too funny Marianne!
I LOVE roasted beets. I first had them at my brother's house. Have fun with the colonoscopy!

 
At 10/28/2010 4:30 AM, Blogger Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Lew gave me your link. The mammogram, not so nice. I did couple of posts of Breast cancer awareness. Had a friend who is a technician, and I asked is it true," Big also painful, small also painfull?" She said yes, in fact the small Asian is th ehardest.

 
At 10/28/2010 4:32 AM, Blogger Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

If only colonoscopy would make us lose weight, won't that be fantastic? Do you have a regular appointment with your Colonoscope camera?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home