"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, September 28

Tee Hee...

Many years ago, before we had an exterminator keeping the critters at bay, the crickets used to use our garage as their local social club and lounge. Most of the time I avoided being out there except to park my car, unload groceries, or grab a (hopefully empty!) bucket to wash the kitchen floor.

Along with my garage issues, I also had a sassy 12-13 yr old son who liked to tease and make disparaging remarks about my age (and I was still just a young mother!!) So anyway, one night, my resident wiseguy called me out to the garage with a "mom, com'ere, quick!" Now, from experience I had learned that whenever said son said anything to me with a "quick" attached to it, it was more than likely something I didn't want to know about, or see, or for sure, be quick about... especially if it involved going out into the buggy garage. However, on this night, I did mosey on out to see what all the fuss was about. I found him squatting down, peering intently at something on the concrete floor.

"Whatcha got?" sez me.

"Come see," sez he.

So I carefully leaned over his shoulder and saw this very anemic, very whitish-gray cricket thing sitting there.

"Ewww," sez I, quickly moving back, "what is it?"

"Cool, huh?"
sez he, "it's a senior citizen!!"

Smart-mouthed kid! ;-D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9/28/2010 11:59 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Love it Marianne! Your son has a very funny sense of humor. It must have been fun raising him! Thanks for the laugh!

 
At 9/28/2010 5:57 PM, Anonymous Elaine Big"E" said...

And why am I not surprised! That's my nephew!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home