"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, October 4

You know the weather's turning...

...when I pull out my socks!

Used to be I walked around barefooted all. the. time. Summertime goes without saying, but even in the winter, I have been known to scoot out to the mailbox sans footwear... in the snow! I know, I know, a little bit crazy, but we all do goofy s**t when we're young and dumb. Sometimes I just couldn't be bothered with looking for my shoes, you know? ;-)

Howsomever, the more I've 'matured,' the more I find that my poor little tootsies just can't handle the chilly temperatures anymore. I mean, the darn things turn into icicles (ask Lew, he'll tell ya!) and when my feet are cold, the rest of me is frigid.

So, the thermometer dropped below 50 last night and while it was great sleeping weather -- I love being able to open the window a few inches -- I've not only pulled out my socks, but a sweatshirt and my trusty little heater by my computer! I am freezing!

Next comes the flannel sheets...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10/04/2010 4:55 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Oh I so relate Marianne!! I have socks and shoes on right now, and I could never stand to wear them. Now I get chilled just thinking of taking them off my feet!

 
At 10/05/2010 11:03 AM, Anonymous Cindy said...

I am the same way. I never liked socks or shoes. But now I need slippers on during the day and socks at night. Of course I'll always find my socks pushed off in the morning. Then I forget that I've put socks on the night before and they collect at the bottom of my bedding. When I change my sheets there are about 6 pairs of socks hanging out. :-)

 
At 10/05/2010 3:14 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Same here! It got down to 41 here last night, which was chilly! When it's like that, I definitely have to have socks on. My grandmother had something most of her life called "Reynaud's Syndrome", which is a fancy way of saying poor circulation to the extremities, the hands and feet. Mine always get cold, so she always told me I had that too :)

I WISH I could sleep on flannel sheets. But they've been outlawed in our house, as has electric blankets. My husband is like a human heater and has vetoed such things :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home