"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, July 31

Lost and Found

Oh Joy!! Don'tcha just love coming across that long missing item that you knew you had but couldn't find so figured it got swallowed up in that mysterious Basement Triangle, never to be seen or heard of again??? That same dark hole that swallows up the missing socks from the dryer?

So even with all the iterations of basement cleaning, reorganizing, and gathering of stuff for scrapbooking, etc., that we've done in the last many years, and knowing that they had to be there somewhere, I still never came across my high school diploma and mortarboard tassle. Well, Ta Da!! That corner has been turned and I now have those puppies in my hot little hands! And they haven't turned all yucky and moldy like those things usually do. Forty-five very old years they are! I am pleased - it doesn't take much. :-) So, I'm tucking them safely away in my desk drawer, and that's where they'll stay until I need them for my 'all about me' album ... and forget where I put them!

We're beginning to see floorspace now instead of the narrow boxed-in paths we've been dealing with for waaaaaay too long. I had forgotten there were actually shelves back there! (all full, but their turn's a-coming.) This is some theraputic stuff, this basement clean-out. Highly recommended.

1 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure how I found you, probably through 2Peas, but just wanted to say, I'm enjoying your blog. Is that weird? I blog, but on another site...
Thanks for sharing your world! Oh, and love the 'ex' post, and completely understand your accomplishment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home