"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, May 6

Yard work...

Mother's Day is coming and around here, that means planting time. By then, it's usually safe enough, weather-wise. This year might be an aberration though - I'm freezing my tush off and had to turn the heat on again this morning. We also got hit with the remnants of that wicked wind from the west last night and the yard is littered with new leaves and cherry blossoms - screwy weather!

We're getting ready anyway though. We've been to the nursery twice so far and have these goodies in the garage, waiting to hit the dirt:

1 replacement azalea
4 euonymous shrubs
1 marguerite daisy
1 black-eyed susan
1 forget-me-not
3 shade coleus
1 dwarf bleeding heart
1 hosta
5 New Guinea impatiens
1 verbena hanging basket

(there are photos on my Project 365 blog if you care.)

Gonna mean a bit of labor for my #1 digger - aka Lew. We've decided to finally put the shrubs in alongside the garage, which means a whole new bed - we'll have to rent a rototiller for that. The azalea space needs to be re-dug and the mailbox garden I'm planning will need some digging. Even the hanging basket needs a hook to hang on! (Everything got taken down last year when we installed new siding.) As I type, he's outside mulching the backyard azalea bed. It's a good thing he likes to putter in the yard too!

We still have to pick up more annuals for the existing beds and will probably make another trip to the nursery later today. I really love this time of year!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/06/2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Debi said...

As I was sitting there reading your list, I was thinking, "I wish she'd have taken pictures." I should have known you wouldn't let me down!

 
At 5/07/2007 12:43 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you.
Spring is such a great time of year.
Take care, Meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home