"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, August 11

Happy Would've Been, Bruce...

Forty-three years ago today I married the father of my son. Twenty-eight years, seven months, and some-odd days ago I divorced the father of my son.

Funny how certain dates stick in your brain, isn't it? We've been apart way longer than we were ever together - in more ways than one - yet this day will probably always resonate with me.

We were so young... so insecure... so naive. We produced one hell of a kid though, and that's a good, good thing.

Happy Anniversay, Bruce... anyway. :-)

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger notes4us said...

And happy anniversay to you dear sister-in-law. I was thinking about your anniversary all day.

I believe you never forget your first love and maybe you never stop loving your first love. It would be impossible to forget that feeling - that first love of your life feeling. I love the man I married, always will but I don't love the man I divorced. But I'm glad I have the memory of that first love feeling.

And yes, you and my brother created one hell of a kid - MY NEPHEW. I love him and I'm so very, very proud to call him my nephew. You did a great job.

I love you Marianne. My brother lost a lot when he lost you. I'm glad you're still in my life.

 
At 8/11/2005 11:54 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Ya, I agree - they'll always have that special place in your heart.

I really like your characterization of it... love the man I married but not too crazy about the one I divorced.

I love you too, hon - the feelings are totally mutual. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home