"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, August 11

Scandalous Squirrels...

My sister-in-law/girlfriend Claudia is having this problem with squirrels. Not the steal-the-birdseed, poop-in-the-birdbath kind of problem, though they may be doing that too. Oh no - her problem is waaaay more serious than that. We're talking grand larceny here, on a major scale. I mean, the girl works hard on her home and garden and it's just not right that these overgrown rodents should come along and reap the benefits of her efforts without so much as a how do ya do. See, it seems the little beggars are prancing on to her property, perusing her garden like one peruses the produce in the grocery store, and then waltzing off with her eggplants! I mean really... what kind of chutzpah is that? In broad daylight no less! Sheesh!

So, I put on my thinking cap and it came to me... you've got to come up with a way to distract 'em girl! Here're a couple of suggestions that may work...




How about a date? Opposites may attract more than the eggplant...


Or maybe a Bud?? Get the little beasts drunk and they won't even remember eggplants!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, that's my good deed for the day... a little suggestion or two. You listening, Claudia?? :-)

(it's a slow day here in Maryland... )

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 6:20 PM, Blogger notes4us said...

Oh my Gawd! I'm laughing out loud. Last night I had a beer bottle handy. If it hadn't been garbage day today, I'd take it outside and leave it for the little rodents!

This squirrel thing is serious stuff. It might turn me into a mass murderer - rodents beware!

 
At 8/11/2005 11:45 PM, Blogger marianne said...

heh, heh, heh - the girl is on a mission!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home