"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, January 26

I'm keeping him...

So, that shingle Lew found in the street after Monday morning's o'dark thirty storm did come from our roof. I'm surprised (but thankful) that it was only one. Luckily, we have extra shingles in the shed (that didn't blow away) from when we replaced the roof several years ago, so it was a relatively quick repair job.

Howsomever, the man is pushing 70, and I'm not too crazy about him climbing up and about on the roof! Must be something in his genes though; his dad was still climbing up on his roof, cleaning out gutters, when he was 75! *sigh*

At any rate, I so appreciate his expertise and handiness at times like this. He take such good care of our home... and me. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/27/2010 12:28 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I know I personally *love* being married to a handy guy! It's great :) But, I'd definitely be with you, I don't like him on ladders or the roof now, so I think I'd probably have a fit if he did it in his 70's :(

 
At 1/27/2010 12:55 PM, Anonymous Cindy said...

He is a wonderful man who takes good care of all that he loves. But he does take especially great care of his beautiful wife. I have always admired that.

 
At 1/27/2010 2:24 PM, Anonymous Beverly said...

You do have a good one - and he is a definite keeper.

My husband no longer gets on roofs after falling from the top of the ladder. It made a lasting impression on him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home