"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, May 7

Monday meme-ing...

No earth shattering news going on here so thought I'd fill some space with a meme I came across. According to hostess, Rose, the idea is to post something funny - a story, joke, picture, etc. - using the theme word she provides, and leave her your link so others can visit.

A giggle or two seems a great way to start off the week, so using this week's theme of WORK, I grabbed a couple of funnies from Overheard in the Office:

11AM Someday You'll Be the Stupid Boss, So Have Compassion

Supervisor: Did you answer my phone while I was gone?
Worker bee: It didn't ring.
Supervisor: Well, did John call for me?
Worker bee: He didn't call. Your phone didn't ring.
Supervisor: But did you answer a call from John?
Worker bee: No, when your phone didn't ring, I didn't answer it, and when I didn't answer it, John wasn't the one that didn't call.

75 Washington Avenue
Portland, Maine

-----
12PM By the Way, Is Our Refrigerator Running?

Customer on phone: How much is two hundred dollars worth of oil?
Worker bee: 75 gallons.
Customer: No, I said how much is two hundred dollars worth of oil?
Worker bee: Ma'am, two hundred dollars will buy you 75 gallons.
Customer, exasperated: No, no, no! How much. Is two hundred dollars. Worth of oil?
Worker bee, confused now: Um... Two hundred dollars?
Customer: That's what I was askin' you! Jesus! [Hangs up.]
Worker bee: Did she just call up to ask me whether two hundred dollars is worth two hundred dollars?

Newark, New Jersey
-----
5PM
Now Where's That Airplane Glue?


Girl: Oooh, I feel dizzy.
Coworker: Why?
Girl: This marker, I think.
Coworker: What about it?
Girl: Well, it says 'scented,' but when I smelled it it gave me a headache.
Coworker: That says fluorescent, as in it's a highlighter.
Girl: It says scented.
Coworker: Fluorescent means 'brightly colored,' it doesn't mean 'smell me.'
Girl, muttering: Well, I wouldn't smell it again anyway because it didn't smell very good.

38 Exchange Street
New Hampshire

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home